1. ebooks [n.] = 電子書
2. digital [adj.] = 數位的
3. download [v.] = 下載
4. online [adj.] / [adv.] = 網路上的、線上的、在線的
5. hardbacks [n.] = 硬封面書、精裝本
6. paperbacks [n.] = 紙封面書、平裝本
7. bankrupt [adj.] = 破產的
8. publish [v.] = 出版、發行
9. stable [adj.] = 穩定的、平穩的
10. the nuts and bolts = 基本要素
1. Digital here means anything __________ with computers or __________.
2. Earlier this year, the online __________ Amazon.com said it's now selling more electronic books in the US than __________ ones.
3. The American bookstore Borders was __________ bankrupt earlier this year and the British book seller Waterstones has reported __________ __________.
4. So for Sarah there, the __________ who will do particularly well are ones who build digital __________ and who live their lives online.
5. But the number is __________ all the time, so it might be in the __________ soon.
1. Name the three e-book readers that are mentioned in the clip.
2. When did the sales of e-books overtake the sales of paperbacks ?
3. What are the three things that will always be important to a book ?
Do you read e-books ?
I read almost every day.
And I enjoy reading e-books because they are so easy to manage.
I don't need to carry around lots of books anymore.
If you do, what device do you use ?
I have an eee-note. It's a great e-reader device from Asus.
There is no backlight, so I can use it for many hours without hurting my eyes.
I also have a new Samsung Galaxy 2.
There is a nice app that provides lots of books for me to read.
Tell us about you e-book reading habits and experiences......
** Copyrights of the audio clip and scrip belong to BBC and are used here for educational purposes only. **
** We are not in any way affiliated with BBC. **