1. The restaurant, Clink, is both a canteen – or dining hall – for prison staff and a four-starrestaurant for the public.
2. A sentence is the word for a punishment given out by the courts for a crime.
3. So when she says that we’re in ‘gloomy economic times’, she means that the financialsituation is not very good.
4. An exclusive restaurant is usually one that’s only for very rich people or for private members, for example.
5. The quality of the food has a very good reputation apparently, and a number of people from the food industry have now visited Clink to see if they want to hire ex-prisoners.
1. Who are the people working in this restaurant ?
The food is prepared and served by the prisoners or inmates.
2. Where do the ingredients used in the restaurant come from ?
The prisoners receive training in cooking and hospitality, and cook meals using local ingredients and vegetables grown inside the jail.
3. Why does the prison's governer want to provide skills for employment ?
He argues that by providing skills for employment, you can lower the risk people committing crimes after they’re released from prison.
** Copyrights of the audio clip and scrip belong to BBC and are used here for educational purposes only. **
** We are not in any way affiliated with BBC. **