美國國會圖書館（ Library of Congress ）每年都會選出一些具有「文化、歷史和美感價值」的電影，納入美國國家電影名冊（ US National Film Registry ）裡。這些片將收入國會圖書館永久保存，以確保它們能永傳。至今已有550部受保存的影片。
1. Film buff = 電影迷、電影愛好者
2. Art - house = 藝術電影院、放非主流片的影院 ( Art-house films 就是藝術片 )
3. Blockbuster [n.] = 很賣座的電影
4. Aesthetic [adj.] = 美學的、審美的、有美感
5. Orphan [v.] = 使...成孤兒
6. Grief [n.] = 悲痛、悲傷
7. Posterity [n.] = 後裔、子孫
1. Taking into account __________, which is the amount money loses __________ over time, which film has made more money than any other in the history of cinema.
2. But the films do have this in common: it's been decided that they are all of lasting __________, __________ and aesthetic importance.
3. Well for those listeners who haven't seen it, Bambi is a little __________ who becomes orphaned, meaning its __________ died.
4. It's about an __________ which lands on earth and __________ a young boy.
5. It's a __________ about a __________ that looks after a family and it's great fun.
1. How many films are added to the US National Film Registry every year ?
2. Which year did the US National Film Registry begin ?
3. Why does the US National Film Registry preserve these films ?
Here is the list of movies that were chosen for 2011.....
- Allures (1961)
- Bambi (1942)
- The Big Heat (1953)
- A Computer Animated Hand (1972)
- Crisis: Behind A Presidential Commitment (1963)
- The Cry of the Children (1912)
- A Cure for Pokeritis (1912)
- El Mariachi (1992)
- Faces (1968)
- Fake Fruit Factory (1986)
- Forrest Gump (1994)
- Growing Up Female (1971)
- Hester Street (1975)
- I, an Actress (1977)
- The Iron Horse (1924)
- The Kid (1921)
- The Lost Weekend (1945)
- The Negro Soldier (1944)
- Nicholas Brothers Family Home Movies (1930s-40s)
- Norma Rae (1979)
- Porgy and Bess (1959)
- The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
- Stand and Deliver (1988)
- Twentieth Century (1934)
- War of the Worlds (1953)
How many of these films have you seen ??
I've only seen three or four.
So, I guess I'm really not a film buff at all.
How about you ??
** Copyrights of the audio clip and scrip belong to BBC and are used here for educational purposes only. **
** We are not in any way affiliated with BBC. **